With Marvel’s relationship with Netflix apparently coming to a close, the comic book entertainment empire will be entering a new deal with Hulu with a slate of four animated series that will lead up to a special.
The world’s other big streaming giant will soon be controlled by Marvel’s parent company Disney, which is part of its Fox asset sale. Thus, it appears that Disney will be using Hulu to distribute more adult-oriented material, as opposed to delivering it via their upcoming Disney+ streaming service.
The series being developed are MODOK, Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler and Howard the Duck, all to be followed up with The Offenders.
The following are descriptions of all four of Hulu’s animated Marvel series, as well as the special:
• M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce.
• Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce.
• Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers.
• Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce.
• The Offenders follows MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck as they are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the universe.