The blockbuster animated hit movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is coming to Digital HD next week and physical media on March 19th. Sony has provided the complete details of the award winning film’s home entertainment release below, but first, take a look at a clip from a new Spider-Ham short that will be included.
“The year’s best animated movie.” ~ Brian Truitt, USA TODAY
Academy Award® Nominee for Best Animated Feature Film
Golden Globe® Winner for Best Animated Feature Film
Critics’ Choice® Winner for Best Animated Feature Film
Winner of Seven Annie® Awards Including Best Animated Feature
INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE
In Theaters Now and
Swings Home onto Digital February 26
On 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
and DVD on March 19
With Over 90 Minutes of Special Features Including a Never-Before-SeenSPIDER-HAM
Short, Alternate Universe Mode and much more!
CULVER CITY, Calif. (February 18,2019) – The Academy Award® Nomineefor Best Animated Feature Film, SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE,swings onto Digital February 26 and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray ComboPack, and DVD on March 19 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and SonyPictures Animation. From Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the uniquely creativeminds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, the film offers a fresh visionof the Spider-Man universe with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the firstof its kind.
SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE, a film that has grossed over $350million in theaters worldwide to date, introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales,and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one canwear the iconic mask. “One of the most rewarding experiences in recent monthshas been to hear that children are telling their parents that they seethemselves in Miles, or that they want to grow up to be like Spider-Gwen,anyone can be a hero. Thats why we made this film, and we hope thatfeeling of empowerment is something that both audiences young and old can takeaway,” say Directors Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman.
The out-of-this-world voice cast includes Shameik Moore as Miles Moralesalongside Jake Johnson (“New Girl”) as Peter B. Parker, Hailee Steinfeld(Bumblebee) as Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Mahershala Ali (Green Book) as Miles’Uncle Aaron, Brian Tyree Henry (“Atlanta”) as Jefferson Davis, Lily Tomlin(“Grace and Frankie”) as Aunt May, Luna Lauren Velez (“How To Get Away withMurder”) as Rio Morales, Zoë Kravitz (“Big Little Lies”) as Mary Jane, JohnMulaney (“Big Mouth”) as Spider-Ham, with Nicholas Cage (The Croods) asSpider-Man Noir, Kathryn Hahn (Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation) as DocOck and Liev Schreiber (“Ray Donovan”) as the villain Kingpin.
SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE arrives filled with engagingbonus materials that are fun for the whole family and give fans even more ofthe unique comic book style action that they loved in theaters with over 90minutes of bonus content. In his very own original short, Spider-Ham: Caught Ina Ham, fan favorite Spider-Ham defeats his greatest foe, delivers sidesplittingpuns, and get sucked into another dimension! It actually can get weirder! Don’tmiss the thrilling Alternate Universe Mode where fans can view the film in anentirely new way to discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and morewith the filmmakers as their guide. Also included is The Spider-Verse Super-FanEaster Egg Challenge, where fans are challenged to find every single Easter Egghidden within the Spider-Verse (and there are a lot of them!). Explore thecharacter design in the visually stunning film including specific looks at thenow-iconic Spider-Ham character as well as the classic villains who inhabit theSpider-Verse. Additional special features include a celebration of thediversity in the film and the idea that anyone can wear the mask in a featurecalled We Are Spider-Man, a featurette called Spider-Verse: A New Dimension,where fans can hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundariesof the comic book artform to create a visual experience unlike anything done inanimation before, a showcase of all the amazing fan favorite charactersfeatured in the Spider-Verse and the actors who bring them to life, and atouching tribute to comic legends Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, who originallycreated the Spider-Man character. Other bonus materials include two lyricvideos featuring “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee and “Familia” by NickiMinaj and Anuel AA (feat. Bantu).
SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE is directed by Bob Persichetti(The Little Prince), Peter Ramsey (Rise of the Guardians) and Rodney Rothman(22 Jump Street), and screenplay by Phil Lord and Rodney Rothman from a storyby Lord. The film is produced by Avi Arad, Amy Pascal, PhilLord, Chistopher Miller, and Chrstina Steinberg. Theexecutive producers are the late Stan Lee, Brian Michael Bendis, and WillAllegra.
Bonus Materials Include:
- We Are Spider-Man: Exploring and celebrating one of the key themes of the film, We Are Spider-Man takes a deep dive into the diversity of the characters and aspirational core that any person from any gender or cultural background can wear the mask.
- Spider-Verse: A New Dimension: With a stunning visual style and state of the art animation designed to take the viewer into the pages of a comic, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is not only a love letter to comic books but a groundbreaking take on the super hero genre. Hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundaries of the artform as they discuss their journey.
- The Ultimate Comics Cast: Enjoy this showcase of all of the fan favorite characters featured in the Spider-Verse and the spectacular cast who were chosen to bring them to life.
- A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko: Celebrate the amazing legacy and powerful spirit of the creators of Spider-Man.
- The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge: The Spider-Verse is loaded with Easter Eggs, from cameos to comics references. Fans are challenged to find them all!
Cinematic Comics Characters: A breakdown
of all aspects of the character design including costume, movement in
animation, and distinct powers for each character.
- Heroes & Hams: Meet the amazing Spider-people of the Spider-Verse.
- Scorpions and Scoundrels: Explore the classic villains who wreak havoc on the Spider-Verse.
- Alternate Universe Mode: In this all-new viewing experience, discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and more with the filmmakers as your guide.
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
- “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
- All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham” It’s another normal day for Peter Porker, a.k.a. the Spectacular Spider-Ham, fighting bad guys and loving hot dogs, until a mysterious portal starts messing with the very fabric of his cartoon reality.
4K Ultra HD Disc Includes:
- Feature film presented with High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound
- Also includes the film and special features on the included high-def Blu-ray
SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE has a run time of approximately 117 minutes and is rated PG for frenetic sequences of animated action violence, thematic elements, and mild language.